Terms and Conditions of Sale
WHERE TO FIND INFORMATION ABOUT US AND OUR PRODUCTS
You can find everything you need to know about us, The Label Lady Ltd, and our products on our website, in our publications or from our sales staff before you order. We also confirm the key information to you in writing after you order by email, and where possible in your online account with us.
WHEN YOU BUY FROM US YOU ARE AGREEING THAT:
- Our relationship with you.
- We only accept orders when we’ve checked them.
- Custom product designs, brand names, suitable alternatives, cancellations & refunds.
- Sometimes we reject orders.
- We charge you when you place an order.
- We charge interest on late payments.
- We pass on some increases in VAT.
- We’re not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Products can vary slightly from their pictures.
- You’re responsible for making sure your measurements are accurate.
- We charge you if you don’t give us information we need for delivery.
- Changing your mind, cancellation, refunds and our returns policy.
- What happens if your product is damaged or faulty – our 30 day returns policy.
- What happens if your products do not arrive?
- We can change products in limited circumstances once you have placed an order with us
- We can suspend supply (and you have rights if we do).
- We can withdraw products.
- We can end our contract with you.
- We don’t compensate you for all losses caused by us or our products.
- You have several options for resolving disputes with us.
- Other important terms that apply to our contract.
OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU
Please read these terms carefully. If you have any questions about these terms please contact our Customer Service Team for more information: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/.
When we use ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ in this agreement, we mean The Label Lady Ltd. When we use ‘you’ or ‘your’ in these terms, we mean you as the customer.
WE ONLY ACCEPT ORDERS WHEN WE’VE CHECKED THEM
No contract will exist between us and you until your order has been expressly accepted by us, whether or not funds have been deducted from your account. If we do not accept your offer and funds have already been deducted, these will be fully refunded.
To place an order, you must follow the online shopping process and click on “Place Order” to submit your order with us. After this, you will receive an email from us confirming receipt of your order and then once we have checked the details of your order, including any label text for custom made and/or personalised labels, we accept your order provided such order does not breach any terms below.
CUSTOM PRODUCT DESIGNS, BRAND NAMES, SUITABLE ALTERNATIVES, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS
Brand names and suitable alternatives. We do not accept brand names as product text for any of our custom made or personalised product designs. Once you have placed an order with us and we check your order and notice that you have chosen any type of brand name, we will either automatically change any reference to a brand name in the product text to a suitable alternative or we may reject and/or cancel part of your order that includes reference to such brand name. Depending on the suitability of an alternative text, we may send you an email setting out the alternative name and you will have 5 working days to confirm your acceptance to the alternative name change (“Name Change Email”). A contract for the purchase of the products will only be formed once we send you an order acceptance email after you confirm your acceptance to alternative name set out in the Name Change Email sent to you.
Production time – a minimum of 14 days from the time we send you an order acceptance email. After you confirm your acceptance to the alternative name set out in the Name Change Email, the production time for your order will only start from the time we send you an order acceptance email and production may take at least 14 days plus the time it takes to ship the item to you. Before getting in touch with us to check your order status, please review how long it has been since we confirmed and accepted your order.
Cancellation & refunds. If you have chosen a brand name and you do not agree to the alternative name we have selected or you do not respond to us within 5 working days after receiving the Name Change Email, we may automatically cancel the part of your order that breaches our brand name use policy set out above and refund you for the full price for that part of your order.
SOMETIMES WE REJECT ORDERS
Sometimes we reject orders after we receive them, for example, because you have chosen a brand name for your custom product as we do not accept brand names and there is no suitable alternative to replace such reference, or because a product is unexpectedly out of stock, because you are located outside the delivery areas as stated on our website or because the product was mispriced by us. When this happens, we let you know as soon as possible and refund any sums you have paid.
WE CHARGE YOU WHEN YOU PLACE AN ORDER
We charge you when you place an order with us.
If you use a card to purchase an order with us, you confirm you have permission to do so and the funds to make the relevant payment and also authorise us to charge your card accordingly. Credit/debit cards are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer, but if your card issuer fails to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non delivery and may not be able to form a contract with you.
If you use make a purchase with us via our website, we use third party payment processors who will process your payment on our behalf. Any such third party payment processor will have their own terms and conditions, which they will share with you at the time you make your payment, please click here to see further details www.paypal.com and www.stripe.com/gb.
Although we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure such third party payment processors protect your online payment details in accordance with applicable payment card industry data security standards, the security of such information transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. As such, any data transferred is at your own risk. We do not store your payment/financial details.
WE MAY CHARGE INTEREST ON LATE PAYMENTS
If we’re unable to collect any payment you owe us we may charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 4% a year above the Bank of England base rate from time to time. This interest accrues on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You pay us the interest together with any overdue amount.
WE PASS ON SOME INCREASES IN VAT
If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
WE’RE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELAYS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
If our supply of your product is delayed by an event outside our control, we contact you as soon as possible to let you know and do what we can to reduce the delay. As long as we do this, we won’t compensate you for the delay, but if the delay is likely to be substantial you can contact our Customer Service Team: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/ to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for, but not received, less reasonable costs we have already incurred.
PRODUCTS CAN VARY SLIGHTLY FROM THEIR PICTURES
A product’s true colour may not exactly match that shown on your device or in our marketing or its packaging may be slightly different. Fonts, spacing and layout may vary from that shown in product photos and marketing material.
YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE YOUR MEASUREMENTS ARE ACCURATE
If we’re making or supplying the product to measurements you provide, you’re responsible for making sure those measurements are correct.
WE MAY CHARGE YOU IF YOU DON’T GIVE US INFORMATION WE NEED OR YOU PROVIDE US WITH INCORRECT INFORMATION
We may charge you additional sums if you don’t give us information we’ve asked for or you have given us incorrect information, such as incorrect delivery details and additional associated postage costs if we need to re-deliver the products to you.
CHANGING YOUR MIND, CANCELLATION, REFUNDS AND OUR RETURNS POLICY
You can’t change your mind and cancel custom made products or any type of personalised product designs and we will not refund you for these types of orders. You can’t change your mind and cancel an order for:
- products that are clearly personalised and/or custom made. For example, our custom product designs or a product from any of our ‘collections’ ranges that are personalised via label text or names; and
- products that are otherwise made to your specifications, such as requesting a different finish or label width that is not standard.
We do not accept refunds for custom made or personalised products as these types of products and specifications are bespoke and unique to you and we would not be able to resell them if you changed your mind.
We do not accept refunds for items due to the following reasons: General wear and tear, including but not limited to, scratches, dents, dropping of items, accidental damage. Misuse of products, incorrect washing and aftercare and use of liquids and substances that are not recommend for the product. Alterations or modifications using or done by third parties. Personal preference of a personalised items font, colour or size if done as ordered.
Your legal right to change your mind. For our products bought online or over the telephone, where you cannot include any customary text or other personalisation (e.g., some of our minimalistic labels), you have a legal right to change your mind about your purchase and cancel your order with us and receive a refund of what you paid for it, including the delivery costs. This is subject to some conditions, as set out below.
The deadline for changing your mind. If you change your mind about certain of our standard products you must let us know no later than 14 days after the day we deliver it. If your purchase is split into several deliveries over different days, the period runs from the day after the last delivery.
How to let us know. To let us know you want to change your mind, contact our Customer Service Team: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/.
You have to return the product at your own cost. You have to return your product to us within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind. Returns are at your own cost, unless we offered free returns when you bought the product. You can:
- organise a return by contacting our Customer Service Team: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/. You will need your email receipt and the card you paid with.
- send the product back to us, using an established delivery service. If you do this you should keep a receipt or other evidence from the delivery service that proves you have sent it and when you sent it. If you don’t do this and we don’t receive the products at all or within a reasonable time we won’t refund you the price. For help with returns, contact our Customer Service Team: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/.
We reduce your refund if you have used or damaged a product. If you handle the product in a way which would not be acceptable, we reduce your refund, to compensate us for its reduced value. For example, we reduce your refund if the product’s condition is not “as new”, the product-branded packaging is damaged or accessories are missing or you have damaged the product. In some cases, because of the way you have treated the product, no refund may be due. Our Customer Service Team: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/ can advise you on whether we’re likely to reduce your refund.
When and how we refund you. If you tell us you’ve changed your mind about a standard product that hasn’t been delivered, we refund you as soon as possible and within 14 days. If you’re sending your product back to us, we refund you within 14 days of receiving it (or receiving evidence you’ve sent it to us). We refund you by the method you used for payment. We don’t charge a fee for the refund.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR PRODUCT IS DAMAGED OR FAULTY – OUR 30 DAY RETURNS POLICY
If you think there is something wrong with your product, you must contact our Customer Service Team: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/. We honour our legal duty to provide you with products that are as described to you on our website and that meet all the requirements imposed by law. Your legal rights are summarised below. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk. Remember too that you have several options for resolving disputes with us.
Check out below for a summary of your key legal rights if your product is faulty or damaged
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get a refund from us.
Up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund from us in most cases.
Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOUR PRODUCTS DO NOT ARRIVE?
Before getting in touch to check on your order status, please review the how long it has been since you placed your order.
If your items do not arrive by the expected delivery date, please get in contact with our Customer Service Team to let them know: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/. To the extent reasonably available, our Customer Service Team will get back to you with information about your missing items and keep you updated. We require at least 10 working days from the day you notify us of your missing items to investigate. In the event your items have been misplaced, we will then either refund you any sums you have paid or resend your missing items.
WE CAN CHANGE PRODUCTS IN LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES ONCE YOU HAVE PLACED AN ORDER WITH US
Once you have placed an order with us and prior to printing your product and/or delivery of your product (as applicable), in limited circumstances we can make certain changes to the product. We can always change a product prior to delivery:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to make minor technical adjustments and improvements. These are changes that don’t affect your use of the product.
WE CAN SUSPEND SUPPLY (AND YOU HAVE RIGHTS IF WE DO)
We can suspend the supply of a product. We do this to:
- deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;
- update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; or
- make changes to the product (as set out in the section above ‘changes we can always make’).
We let you know when we suspend supply and may adjust the price accordingly and may allow you to terminate. We contact you in advance to tell you we’re suspending supply, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. If we suspend supply we adjust the price so you don’t pay for it while its suspended. If we suspend supply, or tell you we’re going to suspend supply, you can contact our Customer Service Team: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/ to end the contract and we’ll refund any sums you’ve paid in advance for products you won’t receive.
WE CAN WITHDRAW PRODUCTS
We can stop providing a product, such as a specific product collection or type of minimalistic product. We let you know in advance and we refund any sums you’ve paid in advance for products which won’t be provided.
WE CAN END OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
We can end our contract with you for any order of our products and if applicable claim any compensation due to us if:
- you use two individual words in the product text for your custom and/or personalised product order but place them together without a space in-between, you will be sent an email by us after initial payment for any extra money owed to us for additional words. If the subsequent payment is not made by you within 14 days of us requesting you to make such additional payment, we will cancel your order and our contract with you and refund your initial payment to us;
- you don’t make any payment to us when it’s due and you still don’t make payment within 30 days of our reminding you that payment is due;
- you don’t, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information or cooperation that we need to provide the product, for example, if you have purchased a custom product but used a brand name (that we cannot accept) and we contact you to change the product text to a permissible text but we then don’t hear back from you; or
- you don’t, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the product to you.
WE DON’T COMPENSATE YOU FOR ALL LOSSES CAUSED BY US OR OUR PRODUCTS
We’re responsible for losses you suffer caused by us breaking this contract unless the loss is:
- Unexpected. It was not obvious that it would happen and nothing you said to us before we accepted your order meant we should have expected it (so, in the law, the loss was unforeseeable).
- Caused by a delaying event outside our control. As long as we have taken the steps set out in the section ‘we’re not responsible for delays outside our control’.
- Something you could have avoided by taking reasonable action, including following our reasonable instructions for use of our products (and any other products), how you properly remove the product from its backing paper, how the product is best applied or that the product cannot be washed.
- A business loss. It relates to your use of a product for the purposes of your trade, business, craft or profession.
YOU HAVE SEVERAL OPTIONS FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES WITH US
Our complaints policy. Our Customer Service Team: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/ will do their best to resolve any problems you have with us or our products.
Resolving disputes without going to court. Alternative dispute resolution is an optional process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. You can submit a complaint to the London Court of International Arbitration for mediation through their website at www.lcia.org. If you’re not satisfied with the outcome you can still go to court.
You can go to court. These terms are governed by English law and wherever you live you can bring claims against us in the English courts. If you live in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can also bring claims against us in the courts of the country you live in. We can claim against you in the courts of the country you live in.
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS THAT APPLY TO OUR CONTRACT
We can transfer our contract with you, so that a different organisation is responsible for supplying your products. We’ll contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you’re unhappy with the transfer you can contact our Customer Service Team: www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/ to end the contract within 30 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you’ve made in advance for products not provided.
Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or changing it.
If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply. If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful, the rest will continue to apply.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. We might not immediately chase you for not doing something (like paying) or for doing something you’re not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do it later.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What’s in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.thelabellady.shop (“our site”).
Who we are and how to contact us
www.thelabellady.shop is a site operated by The Label Lady Ltd (“We“). We are private limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 12461560 and whose registered office is at Amshold House, Goldings Hill, Loughton, England, IG10 2RW.
To get in touch with us, please fill out our ‘Get in Touch’ form selecting the best option for us to help you available via our Help & Support page or visit our online FAQs for further information at www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
If you purchase labels from our site, our terms and conditions of supply www.thelabellady.shop/terms-conditions-of-sale/ will apply to your order with us.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our labels and other products, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer these terms to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under these terms.
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us by filling out our ‘Get in Touch’ form available via our Help & Support website page at www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us/.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site in respect of content that we create, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged (except where the content is user-generated).
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No text or data mining, or web scraping
You shall not conduct, facilitate, authorise or permit any text or data mining or web scraping in relation to our site or any services provided via, or in relation to, our site. This includes using (or permitting, authorising or attempting the use of):
- Any “robot”, “bot”, “spider”, “scraper” or other automated device, program, tool, algorithm, code, process or methodology to access, obtain, copy, monitor or republish any portion of the site or any data, content, information or services accessed via the same.
- Any automated analytical technique aimed at analysing text and data in digital form to generate information which includes but is not limited to patterns, trends and correlations.
The provisions in this clause should be treated as an express reservation of our rights in this regard, including for the purposes of Article 4(3) of Digital Copyright Directive ((EU) 2019/790).
This clause shall not apply insofar as (but only to the extent that) we are unable to exclude or limit text or data mining or web scraping activity by contract under the laws which are applicable to us.
This site and its content are only targeted to, and intended for use by, individuals located in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland (each, a “Permitted Territory”). By continuing to access, view or make use of this site and any related content, you hereby warrant and represent to us that you are located in a Permitted Territory.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
How to contact us – queries, cancellations & refunds
Please be aware that we are only able to refund an order for labels in limited circumstances as we do not offer refunds for custom made or personalised labels. Please check out our Terms and Conditions for Supply www.thelabellady.shop/terms-conditions-of-sale for further information about our returns and cancellation policy.
If you have a query, please contact us via our support services team by filling out our ‘Get in Touch’ form available via our Help & Support website page at www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us.
How to complain about or report content
If you become aware of or encounter any material that could be considered harmful or objectional, please contact us immediately on www.thelabellady.shop/faqs-contact-us.
If you wish to complain about any other content, please contact us via the email address set out above.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply www.thelabellady.shop/terms-conditions-of-sale.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by having in place the minimum system requirements advised by us, if applicable.
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with our reasonable content standards. If you wish to learn more about these standards, please let us know via the contact details set out above.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact the email address provided above.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks are registered
”The Label Lady” is a UK registered trade-marks of The Label Lady Ltd. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless it is part of material you are using as permitted under these terms and conditions.